David Lawson—Bundaberg Counsellor and Life Coach
I’ve worked as a Counsellor in Bundaberg, Queensland for 20 years.
My passion for helping people led me to complete a Social Science degree majoring in Counselling and a Master of Counselling. Noticing that many people are affected by relationship breakdown I completed a Graduate Certificate in Couple Counselling to further my skills in this area. In 2014 I completed a Certificate IV in Life Coaching to further assist my clients as well as to offer prospective clients an alternative approach.
I have the highest level of membership with the two peak bodies for counselling in Australia—Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) and Australian Counselling Association (ACA). I’m also accredited to provide professional supervision to their members.
I also have Professional Certified Coach (PCC) membership with the world’s largest coaching association—International Coach Federation.
Finding The Light started 9 years ago to offer an alternative approach to counselling by being client focused and trauma-informed, with a recovery focus. I achieve this by:
- Returning phone calls.
- Replying to emails.
- Offering out-of-hours appointments.
- Incorporating, if requested, a client’s spiritual values.
- Being alert for and responsive to a client’s trauma.
- Having a supportive inclusive approach that avoids re-traumatisation.
- Empowering the client so they can make their own decisions.
- Respecting the values, beliefs and culture of each client.
- Believing a person can overcome the hurts and pain of their life—not by surviving, but thriving.
I invite you to call me on 0407 585 497 to see how together we can help you reach Happiness through Healthy Relationships!