David Lawson – Bundaberg Counsellor and Life Coach
I have worked as a Counsellor in Bundaberg, Queensland for 16 years.
My passion for helping people led me to complete a Social Science degree with a major in Counselling and a Master of Counselling. Noticing that many people are affected by relationship breakdown I completed a Graduate Certificate in Couple Counselling to further my skills in this area. In 2014 I completed a Certificate IV in Life Coaching to further assist my clients as well as to offer prospective clients an alternative approach.
Currently I am a Clinical member of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) and an Associate Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Finding The Light was started 5 years ago to offer an alternative approach to counselling by being client focused, trauma informed with a recovery focus. I achieve this by:
- Returning phone calls.
- Replying to emails.
- Offering out of hours appointments.
- Incorporating at their request a client’s spiritual values.
- Having a supportive inclusive approach that avoids re-traumatisation.
- Being alert for and responsive to a client’s trauma.
- Empowerment of the client so they can make their own decisions.
- Having respect for the values, beliefs and culture of each client.
- Believing a person can overcome the hurts and pain of their life, not by surviving but thriving.
I invite you to call me on 0407 585 497 to see how together we can help you to do life better!