Having fun at work makes for a healthy workplace.
Laughter, fun and play in the workplace can lead to improved morale, participation, and involvement among employees. Recognition and appreciation can also play a vital role in boosting productivity among hard-working co-workers.
We enjoy having fun and laughter in our personal lives, so why would we not enjoy fun and laughter in the workplace?
When was the last time your workplace had some fun?
In the same way employers are to provide a safe and healthy workplace for their employees, employers should consider how they can include happiness, laughter and fun in their business.
In Julian Hayes’ article 5 Happiness Habits of Successful people, he lists the habits he observed in successful people:
- They love and accept themselves – by looking after their health, mental, spiritual and emotional well-being.
- They don’t ‘time travel’ – they live in the present rather than worrying about past decisions or being anxious about the future.
- They value experiences over things. Things don’t bring contentment; experiences and memories created with others do.
- They are highly selective of the company they keep. The people you spend your time with influence your attitude, mindset and behaviours towards life.
- They always keep the big picture in mind – by not ‘sweating the small stuff’.
Work is serious business and can be very stressful for everyone involved in the business.
But we also know laughter is a good thing and can relieve stress. We like to be around people who laugh.
Why not make your workplace enjoyable for all? The results may surprise you.
A good coach will help you to identify where to find the fun in your life, and what spoils your fun.
If your workplace is too serious and your employees – and customers – are missing out, call me on 0407 585 497 to discuss how I can help you.
Here’s to a happy healthy workplace!