The Naked CEO is a book written by the current CEO of CPA Australia Alex Malley and in the November 2014 Issue of CPA Australia magazine, 9 points were listed on How to find insights and resources that inspire you. My summary of them follows.
- Know that resources abound – you can gain insights anywhere; reading, talking, listening and then reflecting.
- Be inventive – grab a successful idea you have heard or read about and let your creative juices think about how you could make it have more impact. Doing this regularly will expand your mind.
- Capture your ideas – always carry a pen and paper or use your phone to jot down ideas as they come to you.
- Value every environment – talking to someone you don’t know can give you another perspective or just going for a walk can help clear your mind and think freely.
- Break down barriers – write down whatever comes into your head on a topic that interest for ten minutes.
- Hone your observation skills – body language can often tell you more than the words you are hearing.
- So start asking yourself why things are the way they are around you – be curious, the more questions you ask and explore the more likely you will generate new ideas.
- Not everyone wants to play – not everyone is willing to share their personal insights or ideas.
- Break bad habits – you can only learn so much from one person you sit next to, find others to sit next to.
- Find out more – new ideas happen every day, so be on the look for them.
The link to the book, The Naked CEO